Date: Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Time: 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Location: Eisenhart Auditorium, Rochester Museum & Science Center, 657 East Ave, Rochester, NY 14607
Stroll through time and discover the remarkable archival resources available in the Rochester region!
More than a dozen area institutions will host exhibit tables highlighting their unique collections and have staff on hand to discuss the archival treasures they preserve. Each table will represent a particular decade in time, from the 1800s to the 1980s. Whether you are interested in history, genealogy, primary sources, or enjoy learning, this FREE event will introduce you to our area’s special collections, archives, libraries, and historians.
- Registration is not required but is encouraged
- Free admission
- View historical documents and learn stories important to Rochester’s history
- Ask an archivist about any and all things archives
- Free parking in lot adjacent to building
Participating institutions include:
- Antique Wireless Association
- Archival Methods
- Gaylord Archival
- Geneva Historical Society
- LeRoy Historical Society
- Nazareth College
- Out Alliance
- Paley Studios
- Rochester Genealogical Society
- Rochester Medical Museum and Archives
- Rochester Museum & Science Center
- Rochester Public Library
- Sisters of St. Joseph of Rochester
- The Strong National Museum of Play
- University of Rochester – Rare Books, Special Collections & Preservation, Rush Rhees Library
- Visual Studies Workshop
If you have any questions, please contact Tina Broomfield at email@example.com.
This event is presented by the Rochester Area Special Collections, Archives, and Libraries (RASCAL) group of the Rochester Regional Library Council (RRLC). Additional sponsors include: Gaylord Archival (Gold Level Sponsor) Archival Methods (Gold Level Sponsor), and University of Buffalo – DLIS (Bronze Level Sponsor).
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ROCArchivesFair/